All aspects related to membership, both live and elapsed, payments and other related policies are governed by the main Society. We, at the Fabian Women’s Network deal with your personal information only in the following situations:
- When we organise events, and you tell us that you want to attend. This is so we can send you information about timings and speakers. Should we offer refreshments, we may ask if you have dietary requirements. Please note a privacy notice will be served as we collect attendees’ details at the venue.
- When we launch campaigns or advocacy plans, so that you can be informed and join in. Should we collect names to add to a letter, we will contact you specifically at that point.
Everything we do is guided by our values including our approach to website content and privacy.
SECTION 1: THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect the following personal information:
· full name
· email address;
· business and/or personal phone number;
· business address and/or personal address;
· job title and company name;
· date of birth;
· IP address;
· financial information (for example credit card or bank details for events or membership);
· password to the Fabian Society website members’ section.
We may also collect the following sensitive personal data about you (known as special category data):
· racial or ethnic origin.
SECTION 2: HOW WE USE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US.
When you become a member of the Fabian Society, you qualify to join Fabian Women’s Network. The membership is handled by the main Fabian Society. However, a copy of your email address is added to our newsletter database but not held by us as Fabian Women’s Network.
Should you not wish to receive out newsletters (we use MailChimp for our communications with you), you can unsubscribe here now. You can also opt out at any time using the unsubscribe link contained in each mailing.
We use your personal information for a number of different purposes. Under data protection law, for each purpose we must be able to rely on a lawful basis for processing your personal information. The lawful basis that we may rely on are:
MEMBERS AND SUBSCRIBERS:
PEOPLE WHO ATTEND OR REGISTER FOR EVENTS
Purpose: for the administration of events. Legal basis: consent
If you sign up for an event, we will process your data to send you the relevant logistical information for the event. Should we be collecting names of attendees, a privacy notice will be served at that point for you to read, and act on – should you wish to do so.
PEOPLE WHO SUBSCRIBE TO OUR COMMUNICATIONS
Purpose: for marketing of events, political education and influence. Lawful basis: legitimate interest.
SECTION 3: HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION.
We may collect your non-sensitive personal and sensitive personal information:
· face-to-face (directly from you);
· by telephone;
· by email;
· via membership forms (submitted directly by you);
· via various event registration and attendance forms;
· via direct debit forms and expenses claim forms;
· via an individual at your organisation who is responsible for registering all applicable employees as members;
· from individuals or colleagues who have registered you for an event;
· from event organisers, exhibitors and any other such third parties who are involved in organising or contributing to Fabian Women’s Network events and/or conferences;
· from publicly available sources including but not limited to internet search engines, public records and registers and social media (e.g. LinkedIn and Twitter);
· from third parties including but not limited to public affairs agencies and industry databases that maintain information on professional stakeholders (journalists, politicians etc).
SECTION 4: HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
SECTION 5: YOUR PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
You have a number of rights with regard to the personal data that we hold about you and you can contact us with regard to the following rights in relation to your personal data:
You have the right to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you
You have the right to correct the personal data we hold about you
Where applicable, you may also have a right to receive a machine-readable copy of your personal data
You also have the right to ask us to delete your personal data or restrict how it is used, consistent with the GDPR. There may be exceptions to the right to erasure for specific legal reasons which, if applicable, we will set out for you in response to your request
Where applicable, you have the right to object to processing of your personal data for certain purposes
Where you have provided us with consent to use your personal data, you can withdraw this at any time
If you do not want us to use your personal data for marketing analysis.
Under certain conditions, you may also have the right to require us to:
delete any personal information that we no longer have a legal ground to rely on;
where processing is based on consent, to withdraw your consent so that we stop that particular processing;
object to any processing based on the legal ground of legitimate interests unless our reason for undertaking that processing outweighs any prejudice to your data protection rights;
provide you or another provider with a copy of your personal information that you provided us with; and
restrict how we use your personal information whilst a complaint is being investigated.
If you contact us to exercise any of these rights we will confirm your right to do so and respond in most cases within 30 days. Please email:
Should you wish to complain about any misuse of data, please contact the Fabian Society.